Tinder is India is interesting to say the least. If you’re a man who uses Tinder in India then you probably have your fair share of horror stories. The below video explores some of the kinds of women you encounter on Tinder in India and I can personally vouch for the fact that most of these stereotypes are pretty accurate. Check it out and let us know if you think this video is on track or if it is missing any type of girl you’ve met on Tinder?
Summer is here! Now while some guys have been hitting the gym getting their abs ready, others such as well… Myself have been packing on the pounds in winter. So while you should probably be getting your gym shoes out now, here are 7 daily habits that can help you lose weight easily-
- Eat slowly: To start this list we want to suggest you don’t stuff your face as fast as possible and instead take your time, it actually takes the brain time to realize it’s full. So you probably will land up over eating without even realizing it if you eat quickly.
- Always shop for groceries on a full stomach: This may seem like a weird one but hear us out. If you go grocery shopping on a full stomach you’re bound to land up making a few unhealthy impulse buys (chips, cookies, etc.). So fill up on something healthy like fruits beforehand and then hit the market.
- Don’t land up drinking your calories: Soft drinks, coffee, tea, alcohol, energy drinks and other beverages are very misleading, because you don’t realize how many calories you drink a day. Substitute your use of these with water. Drinking water will fill up your tummy without the worry of pesky calories.
- Eat breakfast: You know how they say breakfast is the most important meal of the day? They are right! Eating breakfast in the morning has been proven to help with weight loss. In fact try repeating the same breakfast for a few days, the results might surprise you.
Let us know in the comments if there are any habits you know that are effective. We will be sure to mention them on our Twitter or add them to this article.
Imagine this you’re at the airport, in the duty free area staring at a bunch of designer scents with a sales rep breathing down your throat. The pressure is on you need to pick one quick, do you choose a cologne and use it for going out and shaving or do you buy an aftershave and use it for both? Which is the right answer? None!
The terms aftershave and cologne have been used interchangeably by men and designer brands alike, but the truth is that while both are scented they are used for very different purposes. An aftershave is used after shaving as you might have guessed. They help in fighting infections in any cuts and nicks your blade might cause while shaving. Your skin also loses some oils while shaving, aftershaves can help replenish those. The alcohol it contains (I know what you’re thinking.. no you can’t drink it) will help close skin pores opened by the use of hot water during your shave.
Colognes on the other hand won’t help your post shave routine in any way. It is instead primarily a fragrance created to help you smell better. They are actually often activated by body heat so consider applying them to your skin and different pulse points. Cologne contains a decent amount of perfume oils about 2.5% to 5%. So if you apply cologne in the morning you can be assured it will last for the better part of your day. Even though aftershave contains perfume oils, the amount is very low about 1% to 1.25%. Hence don’t apply it if you’re looking to wow your colleagues with how good you smell, because it will wear off in a few hours.
Remember both cologne and aftershave are very important as long as they are being used for their respective function. Colognes for smell and aftershave to avoid infections and rashes after a good shave.
Summer is upon us. Which means shorts, flip flops and shaving! Wait what? No one likes shaving. Beards have had a renaissance in the last few years. Men like growing them and women love playing with them. The problem is the common myth that a beard is not suitable for the Indian heat. The truth is that beards don’t make you feel warmer and they aren’t a problem if maintained right. We have complied a list of few things you can do this summer to ensure your beard beats the heat:
- Wash it regularly: In summer months your beard requires the same amount if not more care than the hair on your heard. On hot days your beard is bound to get sweaty and dirty (given the pollution in our country). Consider getting a beard shampoo and using it twice a week. It will do wonders for your beard.
- Work some Beard oil into the mix: Now washing your beard does have one disadvantage, it dries it up quite a bit, nothing worse than a dried up and hard beard. This is where beard oil comes in. The name pretty much explains it- Oil that you apply to your beard. This will take the dryness right out of your beard. (Pro-tip: Don’t use one with a woody or strong smell in the summer)
- Keep a spray bottle handy: This is a pretty cool trick I picked up online a couple of months back. Use a spray bottle on your beard on a hot summer day, it will instantly cool you down. This might not be related to grooming your beard but it’s definitely a hack.
- Consider a quick trim: While shaving your beard because its summer is a bad idea, one should consider trimming it if all the above mentioned activities are too much work. This will give your skin more access to air and will make cleaning it many times easier.
Now that you have these tips handy go on and make us proud, grow a badass summer beard. Feel free to share your beard pictures with us on Twitter, our handle is @indianmansden
No it is not an Archie’s holiday, it’s not a holiday that is looking to make you buy gifts for your girlfriend or your mother. It is part of a much larger movement that started a century ago! To help all of you lovely people out there I have done the research and got everything about IWD you need to know below.
It all started in the early 20th century women’s jobs were mainly sex segregated, wages were horrible and working conditions even worse. We were at the cusp of Union movements, and women supported men immensely in their efforts to unionize, but after sometime they realized that their issues were not being brought up by men(We were kind of busy with our own fight). This led to some brave women starting their own unions and fighting for their rights. An abridged timeline for the events that followed is below (Timeline taken from the IWD website)
- In 1908, 15,000 women marched through New York City demanding shorter hours, better pay and voting rights.
- In 1909, the first National Woman’s Day (NWD) was observed across the United States on 28 February.
- In 1910, A woman named Clara Zetkin tabled the idea of an International Women’s Day. The suggestion was greeted with unanimous approval and thus International Women’s Day was established.
- In 1911, International Women’s Day was honored for the first time in Austria, Denmark, Germany and Switzerland on 19 March.
- In 1975, International Women’s Day was celebrated for the first time by the United Nations.
- In 1977, the UN General Assembly adopted a resolution proclaiming a Day for Women’s Rights and International Peace to be observed on any day of the year by its Member States.
- In 2001, The global internationalwomensday.com digital hub for everything IWD was launched to re-energize the day as an important platform to celebrate the successful achievements of women.
OK now that you understand the historical context, let’s talk about why it matters in 2016.
As much as we dislike and try to stop it the fact remains women are discriminated against not in same way the early 1900s but still discriminated against. IWD is an important platform for women to discuss this and to address gender parity. Gender Parity is calculated as the quotient of the number of women by the number of men enrolled in education institutes (I Googled it).
Since 1996, each year has had a theme. This year’s theme is “Step It up for Gender Parity” and you can participate in the conversation by using the hashtag #PledgeForParity. You can also simply sign the pledge to help achieve gender parity by following the link, but more importantly make a conscious choice to ensure that every man you know respects women and shows them their valued. At the end of the day if we want women to respect us, we must respect them too and showing support for International Women’s Day is just one way of doing that. I will leave you with words on the matter from our President, Shri Pranab Mukherjee–
“On the occasion of International Womens Day, I extend warm greetings and good wishes to the women of India and thank them for their contributions over the years in the building of our nation.
Women have always been given the highest level of respect in our country. Their protection and safety is a sacred duty of society as a whole. We must respect the right of women to equal opportunities and a dignified life. We have a collective responsibility to create an ecosystem that ensures the safety, security and dignity of women in society.
On International Womens Day, let us redouble our efforts for achieving gender equity and empowerment of women. Let us strive to enable our women realize their full potential and participate meaningfully in all aspects of our country’s development”.
Yessssss! Leo Freaking won an Oscar! To honor the situation I wanted to highlight some things every Indian man can learn from this absolute legend. While I’m sure there are a lot I want to focus on just four (No that’s not because I’m too lazy to right more)
- It’s not where you come from that matters: Before Leo became a teen heartthrob, he was the son of parents who divorced when he was at the tender age of 1. After his parents split, Leo stayed with his mother who worked several jobs to put food on the table for him. A few years later this same dude was making millions so next time someone tells you they can’t make it because they grew up poor, tell them to man up.
- It’s not always about the money, sometimes you got to do things you love: Despite being one of the most successful movie stars on the planet, Leonardo in his post Titantic career has never focused on doing roles that are populist but rather he did roles that he is passionate about. I mean the guy turned down playing Anakin Skywalker in Star Wars! In an Interview shortly after Titantic he was quoted as saying “I’ll never reach that state of popularity again, and I don’t expect to. It’s not something I’m going to try to achieve either.”
- It’s important to have some fun in life: Leo is never one to shy away from a good time, whether he is vaping at an award show or at the beach with a bunch of super models, he knows how to get loose. Also before we forget to mention it, didn’t he just have a fling with Rihanna? Ah Leo keep being the Lad king you are
- Never give up, your dream will come true eventually: It took six nominations for Leo to realize his dream of winning an Academy award. He came close on many occasions, such as his role in the much acclaimed Blood Diamond or who his Bro-some (Bro+Awesome) portrayal of the disgraced stock broker Jordan Belford. Despite the whole internet on many occasions doubting it would ever happen, he finally overcame and proved that with dedication your dreams can come true!